View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

Larrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB UserLarrylou'smom HB User
Re: I need mature advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen* View Post
No, I'm not interested in cute boys and whatnot, lol. I never really cared for them. I'm interested in doing fun things, like music and movies, and being with my friends right now.
LOL I didn't mean to suggest that you were flighty or that you should be flighty or fickle. I'm just saying, that even though you do sound very, very mature for your age, you're still only 16, and no matter how mature you are at that age, biologically, your brain hasn't even finished growing and fully forming yet, and you have SO much growing and learning to do, even in the next 5 years. 16 is simply way too young to be thinking about serious long term, life-long commitments. I remember 16, and even though I didn't date at 16, I did love someone. From afar, but I did love him, and a part of me always will. So I know how strong and real feelings can be at 16. But there's just so much about ourselves and about the world that we just don't know at 16. Now is the time of your life when you SHOULD be going out on group dates, or innocent pizza and movie dates with different, NICE boys, to get to know better what's out there and what you want, and what you don't want. No doubt as mature as you are, you most likely find most boys your own age silly and immature. But give it a couple of years. When you get to college, a whole new world will be open to you. College is such a huge, different experience. I think once you get out of high school and step into the real world you will be glad you didn't stay tied down to this guy. It's nice that you've decided to try to stay friends, as long as that's what you're really doing. Truly being his friend, and just his friend, means being ok with him dating other girls and being nothing but happy for him when he finds someone new, and you see him with his arm around her, kissing her, etc. Otherwise, you're no really being his friend, you're being a love sick puppy dog waiting for him to love you again, and that will get you stuck, and you can't move ahead in your life in that mode.

Good luck to you. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders.