View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
(female)

KaylasMom98 HB User
12 year old daughter with High Blood Pressure and protein in her urine

I brought my 12 year old daughter in for a physical back in August..She is 5'1" and weighs 93 lbs..Thin and active..Her blood pressure was elevated.. 138/88.. Her dr had said to have her school nurse check it a couple times and see if it stays elevated or if it could just be "White Coat".. Her school nurse checked every week once a week for 3 weeks and it stayed consitently high.. 148/89..147/84..139/88..So I called her pediatrician and she sent her in for Blood Tests and Urinalysis..Her blood test come back fine except her HDL was high and her Urinalysis came back abnormal showing "trace protein"... Her ped refered her to Cardiology and Nephrology..

I am scared out of my mind for her..I have another child who is 6 and has medical problems that have demanded so much of me mentally..

Any ideas as to what all this could mean?..I have read alot and her ped did say Protein in her urine coupled with HBP generally isnt a good thing.. I am wondering what she could be facing..Could this be something wrong with her Heart or more probable for it to be an issue with her Kidney function??

Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks KaylasMom

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-06-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Please post your question on one board only. This post will remain, but the others have been removed.