View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
(female)

windimeria2000 HB User
Re: Really need answers- anyone else taking antidepressants????

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmindjailx View Post
So I'm 19 and i'm taking zoloft right now and I'm having a mini-withdrawal thing going on.

I've been bad with taking my medicine. I normally take my dosage in the morning but I forgot to take it today until now (7pm). I'm feeling really anxious and quick-tempered right now. Like I locked myself in my room because my mom was really ******* me off and she wasn't really doing anything. Also, I'm freaking out cause I hate feeling reliant on drugs. I hate feeling like I'll be like this forever. Having to take anti-depressants cause I can't just be happy on my god damn own. I also feel it's potentially dangerous. What if I drink too much one night and I'm dead? What if there's something we don't know about meds that could really mess us up?

Just freaking out. can anyone supply me with some legitimate facts about anti-depressants concerning safety????
And maybe some personal experience about missing a dosage so I know what to expect next time????
And if anyone here has a history of anti-depressants, maybe some insight as to how long they've been on them or generally how long they've needed them???

Thanks so much!
I have been on anti depressants for 10 years. sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I am most happy and productive when they do. My experience in missing doses is not good. In the past but certainly not now, I would go off my meds when i felt better. But in a couple of months be right back on them and be glad. Concerning safety of each med your on you need to ask your doctor as each med given is given in accordance with what you have said to the doctor about your condition. Perhaps you should speak with a therapist about your diagnosis and try to sort out your feelings about your condition. on another note. I was once like you, I didn't want to feel reliante and that was the reason I would go off of them. After 5 times of me going off meds and the trauma I went through to get back healthy again I made a promise to myself that I would never go off my medication again and I haven't. I wish you good health and a long happy life.