View Single Post
Old 05-05-2002, 11:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Anyone here with Renal Artery Stenosis

Hi Sheila,

What types of antihypertensives are Norvasc and Vasotec? For the first 4-5 years after my diagnosis, my blood pressure was only moderately well controlled. Since I got on calcium channel blockers, my blood pressure has been very well controlled.

This past year a urologist I was sent to for something else did a big number on me...he wanted me to have surgery to put a stent in. Since I've had no trouble with the Renal Artery Stenosis for the past 20 or so years, I got into a big argument with him. Now I hear from you that they can clog up again. I'm sure sorry you had to go through surgery for nothing. Have you tried other medications?

I had the most wonderful nephrologist for many years (he has since retired, and my primary care physician watches it now). He worked very closely with me for about 4 years until we finally found a medication that worked really well and didn't have many side effects. You may want to try different things...everyone responds differently to different meds.

Anyway, it's nice to talk to someone else with this condition...for the past 25 years, I never knew another soul who had it!