Thread: HELP!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 08:42 PM   #5
Inactive

Shaelle HB User
Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any reason that you cannot go to school while you're pregnant? I continued to attend college while pregnant. I was due over the summer so it didn't interfere with school, but I did have to send my daughter to daycare at 5 1/2 weeks. I still breastfed till she was 4 1/2 months old. I worked my classes out so that I could pump at a certain time every day. I'd refridgerate the milk and send it to daycare the next day. I ended up having to only pump once a day. My daughter, now 7 1/2, has never had a problem going to daycare, she's always loved it, because there were other kids there to play with and not at home.

But, back to going to school, if you're due during a semester, choose your classes wisely, don't take classes that require attendance, like human anatomy, or biology, calculus, etc. Take your general courses, the ones you could easily read the book and outlines to keep up. I believe your instructor is required to work with you, because it is a medical abscence. Also most colleges have online courses that you can do at your own home. Remember, babies do take alot of naps. Plenty of time to get in at least 30 minutes of online study.