View Single Post
Old 03-29-2002, 08:56 AM   #1

lynnmarie HB User
Thyroid nodule & gray mass

Hi everyone,
I'm so frustrated! I had a physical last year. Because my doc. is so busy now you usually get referred to one of his nurses. One of them gave me a physical. I told her that my lymph nodes in my neck were more swollen then usual and I was having difficulty swollowing. She quickly felt around my neck and said I was a little swollen but nothing to worry about. She did a thyroid test, came back normal (I've had thyroiditis twice, both times after pregnancy).

I am scheduled to have cervical spine surgery next Tues. During the pre-op exam my regular doctor thought he felt a nodule, and said my lymph nodes were swollen so he scheduled an ultrasound. The ultrasound shows one nodule on my thyroid gland (right side) and a gray mass in the tissue. The ultrasound tech. said it could be some sort of infection. The surgery I am having is an anterior cervical fusion meaning they make an incision in my neck, insert bone into the collapsed disc, and put in a plate which will help with the fusion.

Has anyone experienced a nodule with a gray mass? If I have an infection or something else I can't see going through this neck surgery next week.

Thanks everyone,
Lynn