View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: I can't live like this anymore (Desperate for help)

Liquid27: I don't know if my recommendations will help you but I'll give it a shot.

First - how much water do you drink? If you don't drink water you'll end up with bowel problems.

Second: Start adding more "P" fruits to your diet - pineapple, peaches, pears, prunes, etc. P = poop!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Third: Get some magnesium supplements and take those. Your body knows when it has enough magnesium because you'll end up with loose stools. You can also get a toxic/non-toxic element test done to see if you're low in this. It's a hair test where they clip your hair and send it off to be analyzed. It's not covered by ins. but doesn't cost much.

If you're a coffee drinker, magnesium is depleted by caffeine.

Fourth; add more fiber to your diet - leafy greens, nuts, fish (salmon) pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, dark chocolate, etc. And drink the water to go along with it.

Fifth: Watch the BRAT diet - Bananas, rice, apples and toast - That's the diet you want to eat when you've got the runs.

Sixth - exercise, exercise, exercise - the more the better. It helps move the bowels.

Seventh: Get a colonoscopy if you need to to make sure you don't have any polyps or other issues going on in the colon, and they can check for the hemmoroids. They can also check to make sure you don't have IBS. You don't want blood coming out of there. That's not a good sign.

Eighth: Good luck and have a nice day.