View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User
Re: I Think We All Forget...

Thanks for your post. It's a good message. I try to think of what I have to be grateful for each day. I believe in God, so often I combine that gratitude into prayer (thanking God for the good things each day) but a person could simply do it as a mindful meditation as well. I think it helps a lot to reflect on what we have to be grateful for, because we sometimes might take things for granted. I routinely make a point to reflect on my friends, family, job, employers, fiancÚ and his children, having food and a roof over my head and being able to pay the bills, being relatively healthy, and (due to my faith) for things like prayer and scripture. As I suffered a terrible back injury in January of this year, one thing I will choose to be grateful for is how far I've come. I've gone from being in extreme pain and being nearly 100% disabled to having more mobility than I've had in years and being nearly pain free. Other things I choose to be grateful for is things I see in nature. The color of a leaf, the beauty in a sunset, the smell of the ocean, the sound of a bird singing.

I think that taking just a little time each day to be grateful can help us to ward of depression, anxiety and disease.

The following user gives a hug of support to EagleRiverDee:
WanderingAround (11-03-2010)