View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: Chronic fatigue and extreme thirst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesss View Post
Hi,
I've had chronic fatigue for 3 months about. I know my immune system is low.
I've also recently been diagnosed with hypoglycaemia and now on a no sugar diet.
The worst unexplained symptom is that I also have got constant and terrible thirst. I don't know what to do about it. I drink pints and pints of water and it only satisfies me for a short time - ie up to about 45 mins before I have to drink more. I'm not gulping it down, I'm sipping it. I make 3 drinks at a time to save me getting up in the middle of a tv program!
It really correlates with the fatigue also - the more thirsty I am the more tired I am, and I feel hot and achy. The thirst even wakes me at night...........
Any ideas or help please let me know - I feel so dehydrated yet I can't be.
Many thanks
Hi Tess,
I know that with diabetes it makes you very thirsty... I was tested but negative. I am gluten intolerant but only avoided Wheat starch & gluten until 5 months ago. I'm completely Gluten free since then. I read that if you are gluten intolerant it makes you extremely thirsty. Since I have been Gluten Free, I'm not drinking nearly as much. For a long time I was carrying around a gallon jug & drinking from it. My family thought I was nuts! lol But I was drinking atleast 1 1/2 gallons a day. Now I carry a 1 liter & sooo much better... Anyhow, that's what worked for me...