View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: Chronic fatigue and extreme thirst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesss View Post
Hey Themartinfarm,

Thanks for the reply. Your comment about carrying around so much water made me laugh - I am the same!!

I have been tested for diabetes and I don't have it - it turns out I have hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) which my doctor explained is the opposite.

I do avoid wheat now and have been tested for celiac disease, but it was negative. I do eat a lot of oats but these don't contain gluten I didn't think? I do avoid wheat, barley and rye because they all cause me problems. I don't know what else I eat that contains gluten but I will find out and avoid it - I've never excluded this. You also made me think about other intolerances - I avoid fruit due to a fructose intolerance and I know this increases my thirst. I am eating some fruit these days to try to have a healthier diet. That the thirst could be caused by gluten or something else in my diet isn't something I'd considered and I will investigate further.
Thanks very much.
LOL you sound like me. When I went Gluten free I went Sugar Free, Corn Free & Milk free also. Then a week later I tried sugar, did fine. Corn makes me bloat... Milk gave me the same Gluten reaction... I stayed away from dairy for about 2 months, tried it again & have done fine. I'm still gluten free. It's my understanding that being Gluten Intolerant causes other food allergies because of the damage it does... I've been tested for Celiac & it was negative. But even the tiniest little bit of gluten will give me a reaction... Maybe there is something you are eating with Fructose or Gluten in it? Gluten is in everything it seems... Even Johnny Seasoning, Orange Sauce, ect. I use salt, pepper & Garlic as my main seasonings for everything...
Anyhow, let me know what you find
P.S.~
You know that food allergies are also a symptom of Chronic Fatigue & Fibro?

Tori