View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
(female)

freshbreath HB User
Re: Shortness of breath, and chest pain!

hiya, 29 years old female here with pretty much the same symptoms. i had 3 months constant checkups in various hospitals. started with strong flu a year ago which developed the constant cough. got plenty of antibiotics (this was at winter) and it got better for the summer, coughing stopped, although i always coughrd up some phlegm in the mornings. there was always a weird chest-tightness present in my lungs. only ct scan was abnormal, all other results were okay, including lung biopsy- they will probably do this for you. i also had a swollen plum size lymph, which they again removed for samples, but found nothing useful- long-term infection, i was told...
if sll fails, i`d suggest you to go to immunology and maybe infectology.
at immunology they can examine your body in more detail- they found some B and T cell deficiency at mine, but i didnt carry out the search all the way long. it was tough and i felt a bit weak, but i had to leave my country to return to my city to secure my job, after they kept it for 3 months for me!
done my research on internet and i found that there could be a problem with my THYMUS dur to contant chest pressure/pain and a feeling of something is pushing my heart(?) from behind and the sides...

i didnt have ekg which i regret, but back then nobody suggested it to me!
I did have 2 cat scans in 3 months though, and after the 3rd months, the second showed tiny improvement 1-2 mms on the biggest 8-10mms lung patterns.

hope you get better and let me know your progress or if its the thymus or anything else!

xxx

The Following User Says Thank You to freshbreath For This Useful Post:
Shaweet (10-31-2010)