View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
(female)

Scarlette321 HB User
Laxative abuse recovery..?

Hi to anyone out there, and thanks for taking the time to read this.
I haven't posted on here before, so I'm not really sure what to write... but I've read some of the threads and have noticed that there are others out there who are going through similar things I am.

For a bit of background, I am a 22 year old Aussie girl, living with my family and my grandpa, who is very ill. I have borderline personality disorder, major depressive disorder, anxiety, two impulse control disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder and bulimia. I used to be a university student and in the honour society, until I was indecently assaulted... then I failed most of my courses, switched from anorexia to bulimia, dropped out of uni and attempted suicide. That was a couple years ago, and at the moment I'm coping, although I still self harm and am addicted to laxatives. I have hidden all of this, except the sexual assault, from my family.

The laxative addiction is what physically limits me the most lately: I've cut down from dozens per day to just a few, but my day is still planned around them! I'm sure those of you who have been there will understand. I have not had a job for years, but the way I am at the moment I could not manage one. Also, therapy has drained most of the money I had saved up, so I need to do something!

I am in the process of planning my own business with flexible hours, but I know that that won't take away the need for me to quit my addiction... and today I have found my biggest motivation: the possibility of leasing a horse, which would be a dream come true!

So I was wondering, for those that have been through it, how would you recommend I go about quitting my addiction to laxatives? Any advice/ support would be very much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to read this