View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
(male)

brandtyarbugust HB User
Thumbs up Concerned about new Meds

Hi all,

I have been taking propoxyphene for a number of years for a disc herniation in my back. I really liked it as it didn't give me side effects, and the majority of the time kept the pain at bay.

Of course the FDA just pulled it today as it is linked to some heart issues with a small percentage of the population.

In place, the doc prescribed me Tramadol. I have to say after all the research I have done, this site included i'm pretty concerned. The doc didn't explain why they gave me this, but I guess because percocet or vicodin are more addictive/powerful?

I'm not going to pretend I know a lot about drugs, cause I don't. Just a guy that needs some relief, and the alternative options I have tried don't seem to work.

I'd appreciate any feedback one could give. I'm not comfortable asking the doctor for something different, I guess I don't want them to think i'm just looking for a high, but I also need pain relief. A lot of what I have heard it this doesn't do much for pain.

The other concern I have is, I have dealt with anxiety issues for some time now. After lots of therapy, I found a combo of meds that works. Lexapro, and lorazepam.

Anyone with similar experiences or advice, I'd love to hear it.

Much appreciated!