View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
(female)

asdnn1 HB User
Re: father diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer

Thank you for your insite. After reading your reply I got the strength to go over. I gave him a huge hug, and told him I know he hasn't been talking to me, but I love him no matter what. He asked me why I would love him, and I said because your my father silly. It was actually a really nice night, we sat and watched old home videos and looked at pictures, and just chatted as a family. He told me my mom made him go get more tests done, and I asked well why would you need tests dad(acting like i have no idea whats going on) and he replied he didn't know LOL. I understand hes trying to protect us, and I understand why he would push me away, I'm his only daughter, so I understand why he doesn't want to hurt me. Other than that he slept about 95% of the time i was there, and when he was awake he was figitting with pain I hate seeing him like that, but refuse to say I know anything until he tells me. If he never tells me so be it, I'm just going to try and spend the time I have left with him.

Thank you so much for your insite again, sorry for rambling. Its nice to be able to let it out though.

Danelle