View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User
Re: Severe Depression

I do not live in your world..I suffer severe depression also..I don't know what is like to lose a part of a limb. I do know someone who lost his ARMS and LEGS at a young age..about 23...he has hooks for hands and prosthetic legs (sorry about spelling). He is one of the happiest guys I know. I don't know why he is so happy...but I assume it is just for being alive...a balcony he was standing on got hit by a live wire and he was "fried"...does this make you feel better...I don't know..I was hoping it would make you not feel so alone. Do you have a social life? You should meet someone...it sounds like you had the depression before you lost your limb....Have you ever taken depression medication? I think I could benefit from taking it...but I don't take it...But ya know...it really works. I don't take it because i don't like side effects at all...but I'm starting to think the side effects might be better than feeling depressed. Finding a site like this and talking things out feels better too. What do you do during the day? Do you work? Maybe you could get a job and get out of the house...helps to get out of the rut? I find when I'm at work..I have a little bit more happiness because I''m not sitting here dwelling on my problems.

The following user gives a hug of support to Misssty:
noel1231 (10-02-2011)