View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
(female)

SherPain HB User
Great ROM but still in pain

Hi everyone....First time here. I had surgery on my rotator cuff on 11/2/10. Repaied the rotator cuff, and also a torn labrum. I have been doing PT since about 2 weks post op. My ROM is fine, but I am still in a lot of pain. I wake up at least 3 times a night because of the pain, and when I wake up in the morning I want to cry it hurts so much. The pain isn't really in my shoulder, as much as in my bicep area. I feel like my dr. thinks I'm a drug seeker or something but I can't stand the pain, so I need the pain meds. He has actually scheduled me for another MRI soon, so we will hopefully find out what;s going on. I was just wondering if this has happened to any of you, or if you know what it could possibly be. It just doesn't make sense to me that I can do great on ROM, but still be in pain. Certain things definitely still hurt a lot, such as trying to bend arm behind my back, as if I was trying to hook my bra....That is still unbearable, but I can pretty much do everything else. I breeze through all the exercises the PT gives me.
Thanks for any input =)