View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 05:51 AM   #1
(female)

supereen HB User
Front Tooth Extraction a week ago...

...and not sure if what I am feeling is "normal".

Had my front tooth removed due to root resorption - the plan down the line is to get an implant but due to the state the socket/bone was in, I have to wait and heal before the dentist can decide if he can indeed do an implant or not.

Anyway - I had my stitches taken out yesterday and I Was hoping that would alleviate much of the discomfort I am feeling. But it hasn't. Above my upper lip area, its very sore, right up to my nose, and it feels "squishy". When I told my dentist this, I told him that it almost feels like collagen. I had collagen injected into the heel of my foot a while back and the feeling was almost similar. Well, I was pretty taken aback when he told me it sure is collagen, that he injected it when I had the tooth extracted. I wasn't even aware of this. No wonder I look like I had a shot of Botox! But its very sore too. I can't lift my upper lip back very far, and when I blow my nose, its painful. The dentist wasn't too concerned though and assured me the swelling and pain would go away soon. Oh! And the roof of my mouth is still soooo sore. I am supposed to wear my flipper but it hurts too bad. I put it in, wear it for about 2 hours, then it gets too uncomfortable (and forget about eating with this thing in), so I take it out and then my mouth is even sorer than before.

Who has been through this?? Please tell me there is an end to this pain and swelling in sight!!