View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: Front Tooth Extraction a week ago...

Hi,
I had my four top front teeth out and implants placed immediately after.

I had pain all up the side of my nose to my eyes. And, yes the roof of my mouth,.. OMG, it hurt so badly I had a hard time using my partial. I found out later this was from the palate shots to numb the area for the removal and then implants.

And, swollen....LOL it was a good thing it was Halloween because my head looked like I had replaced it with a pumpkin!

Swelling was the worst on the third day but it went down rapidly after that. I couldn't lift my lip for weeks!

Many times when someone is considering an implant in the future they will do a syringe of "bone in a bottle" or collagen to help with having sufficient bone and gums to do the crown part after an implant. Your dentist did you a favor.

If you decide on an implant I have to say I love mine. They look natural and I care for them in a natural manner. They do require professional cleanings every three months,
though. Sort of general maintenance, kind of like a car!

For the immediate, try sleeping with your head slightly elevated. Total swelling for me (remember I had four done and implants in at the same time) was about 10 days. I was a little bit sore though for about three months. The roof of my mouth took about two weeks. It was gradual and finally just went away. I would pull my partial down a bit so it didn't rest on the top of my mouth and if someone came by just snap it back up by closing my mouth. And, I ate soft food for for a long long time.

Hope this helps some. It WILL get better. Every day it will improve some and pretty soon you won't even remember you had it done.

My best to you,
Gellia

The Following User Says Thank You to Gellia For This Useful Post:
supereen (01-03-2011)