View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
(male)

sfcg HB User
Re: Just diagnosed with Cancer and I'm really scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyes123 View Post
Hello,

I'm a 32 year old woman diagnosed just diagnosed with endometrial cancer. I'm really scared and don't know what to do. I am scheduled to have a hysterectomy in a couple of weeks. Can you please give me any advice to get through this? Thanks for any advice or help.
Green Eyes,

I just went through this this year and am still dealing with a whole bunch of issues because of it. It's tough, and terrifying, but the best advice I can give is until you are well again, ALWAYS bring an advocate with you. Sometimes, you may be doped up, or exhausted from some procedure, and you won't be able to intelligently make decisions, so until you are back on your feet, bring a family member with you or someone you trust to help with the burden.

And keep in mind, they are MUCH better at treating cancer than they used to be. They were able to get rid of my cancer in little over six weeks. It caused some serious problems for me but nothing I can't get over.

Make sure you are approved for each and every procedure by your health insurance, and if you don't have insurance, make sure you talk to your doctors about your options.

Also, even if you aren't religious, sometimes it made me feel better just to pray. I tried my best to keep a positive attitude, and trust in my doctors, but don't be afraid to ask questions and trust your instincts. If something feels wrong, don't be afraid to look deeper into it.

Good luck!

Chris