View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: ADHD education of critical importance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy61 View Post
Bob, are you aware of NeuroPsychiatry? You might do some research into it.
Snoopy,

I've done a little research and should do more. A neuropsychiatrist is trained in neurology and psychiatry and has demonstrated competency in both, correct?

I'd like to see a resource developed by neurologists, psychiatrists and psychologists that includes patient perspective to help us better understand what ails us.

Not long ago I felt that there was little agreement within these professions much less between them. Reading research study reports written for medical professionals has totally eliminated that misconception in my mind.

The misconception comes from uncredentialed sources and sour grapped anedotes often after a buck found all over the Internet that present their opinions as evidenced based fact. Got to go to the horses mouth to find the truth.

Us humans can't be defined as "brains" or "adrenal glands" or "nerve connections interfacing with muscle cells." We are a unified, highly complex, system. I swear, it won't surprise if a break in a toe subsystem can cause psychosis. I'm talking delusional hallucinating crazy off the wall nuts cuz of a stubbed toe. Maybe not.

Bob