View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #11
(female)

sgardner HB User
Re: Persistent Flank Pain on Right Side

My right flank pain is now resolved, and it was due to two things. The first was repetitive stress injury, as you said. I am right handed, and the strain of picking up my ever-growing little boys daily was one factor. The other problem was Ativan. That's what was making me crazily constipated. I get painfully constipated whenever I take any benzodiazepine now, so I have stopped taking anything like that (which I used to take a little of many nights per week to help me get to sleep), for over six months now. My constipation is completely resolved. The constipation from Ativan use and the repetitive strain injury, combined, were causing debilitating and frightening severe pain. My doctor prescribed Flexeril for me, a muscle relaxant which is non-narcotic and non-addicting, and it has helped me immeasurably. When I use an occasional hot pad on sore muscles, along with an Advil here and there, plus the Flexeril, I have no symptoms at all now. The Flexeril also helps me sleep and even acts like a antidepressant, unlike any other I have taken, even though I have not needed those for a long time.

I hope some of this helps, and I wish you the -best- of luck in your attempts to get answers, and to get well.