View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #9
(female)

heatheraerial HB User
Re: Post Tonsillectomy: coughing, hiccups, severe ear pain!! HELP!

Well, I had a tonsillectomy 6 days ago counting the sugrey day. I am 17 years old. And the doctor prescribed me Liquid Lortab.The first day was really hard for me. I slept most of the day and didnt eat anything. I drank a little bit of water and that was it. The night of my sugrey the doctor come in and told me that I should be eating regular food like Wendy's and fast food resturants. I was thinking in my head that he was crazy. I spent the night in the hospital. The next morning I woke up and come home. When I got home I got very sick to my stomach. I pucked all day on day two. It was the worst day so far. I soon realized that the pain medicine was upsetting my stomach and that it was the reason why I had been pucking. My mom contacted the doctor and he called me in a prescription to help me not let the pain medicine upset my stomach. I only take the pain medicine before I goto sleep, so that I can try to sleep for over an hour. Day 3: This was a better day. I ate some potato soup, mac n' cheese,etc. Day 4: I started to eat normal stuff. I realized that if I was going to be in pain I might as well eat and not be starving to death and in pain. On this day I ate Krystal's and a piece of pizza. If you eat stuff like this just make sure that you take small bites, chew very very good, and drink plenty of water with each bite. Now Day 5 is a different story. I woke up to a severe ear pain on my left side. I feel as if I am gagging on something in the back of my thoat. I can't open my mouth wide enough to see if I am getting scabs or what is going on but I am pretty sure that is what is happening from what I have read on here. I did manage to eat a hamburger and banana split. I hope that this helps and I wish anyone good luck that has this sugrey.

-Heatheraerial