View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB UserPrincessSweetNS HB User
Re: 1st iui next week..sooo nervous/scared

Hi Rahshida! Exciting, your first IUI! Honestly, I'm not sure how to answer your Clomid question... the reason I take it is because me makign my own eggs is kind of hit and miss, so when I got pg from my second IUI, I was taking Clomid (and Femara). On the other hand your doctor may want to give you Clomid to sort of hyperstimulate (gently) your ovaries so that you produce more than just your typical one egg so that the donor sperm have more than one "target", increasing your chances of a pregnancy. Honestly, though I'm not a doctor or a medical professional, so that you will definitely have to ask him/her.

Regarding your 2ww question--- whew! Girl, how many times I have asked that question haha! don't worry, it's normal to be nervous during your 2ww. My doctor's office told me that you may want to take it easy for the rest of the day on IUI day- if only to watch for signs of possible infection. (Happens VERY VERY rarely), but that life can go back to normal after that. Personally, I've done everything in my 2ww-- had 2ww where I'd work out, where I'd be in bed/on the couch, do normal life thing, DH would do everything.
The one cycle that worked for me, I was mostly resting, no arguing with DH (we're deeply in love, but both very stubborn and passionate) and very very chill. But that was probably just by chance, because I've done that other cycles, and BFN.

My tips though are if you do exercise (which some ppl advocate because it keeps your blood moving and oxygen running throughout your body), try to keep it gentle, no bouncing or jerking or sudden changing in direction. Try not to stress or argue with GF. And this may be the hardest one to do but the one I highl recommend....do something to get your mind off of it. Or else you're goingn to be sitting and analyzing every twitch, pull, twinge, pain that your body makes. I remember when I was 20 and first starting ttc, I knew nothing of nutrition and so I would eat like three McDonalds cheeseburgers, feel nauseous and get my hope up that I was pg! So embarassing to admit now. (Thankfully my eating habits have change a LONG time ago).

Always have hope. Everyone tells you not to get your hopes up, and that's very very true because IF you get the BFN, it can be crushing. BUT, that's nto to say don't have hope. Always have hope, because on this somtimes dark road of ttc-- it's your only light.

I'm always around, so keep posting- I can't wait to hear how the phone call goes, and if you're going to be on Clomid/dosing. And of course, I can't wait to hear your BFP in about three weeks!

The following user gives a hug of support to PrincessSweetNS:
RahG (01-05-2011)