View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #12
(male)

cbscz HB User
Re: Thought Broadcasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMan73 View Post
PS......CB
That is pretty cool that you happened upon this site @ the same time I did.....and we're dealing with very similar issues. This place is full of good, helpful information and coping strategies.
I have been so desperate to find some kind of someone to talk about this stuff to.....as many people just can't relate.......they just don't know what you're talking about, even if they say they understand, unless they've had it, how can they possibly know what it's like?
Anyhow, i'm so grateful for this and a couple of other forums i've found.....and thankful to all of you that participate, it does help alot....(before I thought I was the only one for a while)- that was REALLY SCARY.
We're in this thing together......thanks for sharin and carin
I know what you mean, it's great that we can find others on the net to relate to. I didn't even know that Thought Broadcasting was a psychiatric term the first couple of years that I suffered from it, but that's almost a decade ago now. And anyone I tried to talk to about it just didn't understand. I really wish I had known forums like these existed back then, because like you I felt like I was the only one in the world for a long time.

Anyway, these days I'm coping pretty well, and I'm able to function more or less normally in society again, with a job I enjoy and good relationships with my friends. If you asked me 5 years ago I wouldn't have thought that to be even possible. I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't give up on yourself! It is possible to recover from psychosis, but it probably means making some changes in your life. I don't know what those changes are for you, but the fact that you've given up weed and drugs is probably a good first step. That was probably the most important one for me as well.