Thread: Possible MD?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
(male)

DCM1 HB User
Re: Possible MD?

Hi Mark, thank you very much for the swift reply.

Its amazing with this how so many of the symptoms evaded my attention. It was only when I got some heart palpatations that I began to be concerned about my heart, not realising the can of worms that I was about to open. I think it might have been the fact that I treated all the symptoms as separate problems, which on their own seemed inconsequential but by putting them all together you end up with a possible serious condition. Ok, there is always a chance it is'nt MD but if not it surely must be something, as its definately progressing.

Anyway to have one serious condition is bad enough but to add another to the list is well, dissappointing you could say. I do realise it could be much worse and it is that fact which gets me through each day. I now don't take the sort of things a 21 year old usually takes for granted anymore and there is no harm in that. Its all a learning experience but hey that life.

The dilated cardiomyopathy requires me to take medication to improve my heart function. From what I have read the treatment is the same no matter what the cause.

All I can do now is wait and see how things play out. Try and get some tests done (Ck etc) to get to the bottom of this. I think one is better to know the whole story than bury their head in the sand hoping it all goes away. Although I'm sure I'll have days where I disagree with that but sure there will be days like that.