View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #20
(male)

BayRidge HB User
Re: Anal Fissure - I think but no significant pain

I got my Botox injection on Monday. I expected Tuesday to be bad and it was. Wednesday I noticed a little improvement. Then last night I had terrible pain and it's still bad today. Granted Botox isn't a cure, just supposed to reduce the spasms so that the fissure can heal, but I also didn't expect it to make things worse.

My doctor also said something weird to me. He's been saying that I'm not tight, meaning my anus isn't tight, which is why I don't seem to get pain from a BM. And because of that, he didn't think that I'm a candidate for the surgery, meaning it wouldn't help me. I didn't press him on that since I just got the Botox, but given how I'm feeling today, that thought is really scaring me. I was scared of the surgery, because there can be residual negative effects, but at least it was a sort of light at the end of the tunnel re relief from the pain. But if I;m not a candidate for the surgery, or it wouldn't help me, does that mean this is it, I'm going to be in hell for the rest of my life?

Also, though the pain radiates, so it's hard to tell exactly where it's coming from, I do seem to believe that the tag is the culprit of much of it. Isn't there some medication that might numb it? I've been doing some research and my wife is going to head for a drug store to see what she can find. The stuff you put on sunburns burns like hell, I tried that months ago, but has anyone found anything else. A doctor I know suggested ice, but while it may numb, it also hurts so I wasn't thrilled with that, plus everyone says the area needs blood to heal and warmth would bring blood to the area, not ice.

So many questions...

The following user gives a hug of support to BayRidge:
sjb (01-21-2011)