View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
(female)

wallacemommy HB User
Question 2 year old...FREAKING OUT!

I thought my two year old had a bladder infection so I took her in to the doctor to have it tested. They said she didn't even have one spec of bacteria in her urine. We drive back home only to get a phone call asking me to bring her back in right away for blood tests because "she had a very high and very abnormal amount of blood in her urine after they spun it". The doctor said she suspected it could be coming from her kidneys. That is all I could get out of them. So we get to the doctor, they drew three tubes of blood, and then when we were done they said they were sending us to a urologist to do an ultrasound of her kidneys. I am fine with doing that, but when I asked to speak with our doctor, they sent me her nurse. She said that they MAY be checking for a cist in my daughters kidney. I asked her what the blood tests were for and she just said ..."just some test". My daughter has been recently peeing her pants a lot, and complaining of stomach, leg, and finger pain. Not sure what exactly were looking for or if I am about to get hell dropped on my head at the doctor tomorrow. Anybody have any ideas what they'd be looking for but are too scared to tell me incase it ends up just being a scare?