Thread: Sun Help Needed
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Sun Help Needed

Betseyvan, hi. Before I started getting lupus-specific rashes, sun brought on the LIVEDO RETICULARIS just mentioned. It's caused by disrupted blood flow. But unlike a rash, it tends to last hours rather than days, weeks or months, I think. How long did your mottled appearance last?

re: fatigue, hypothyroidism is an even more common cause than lupus, I believe. My sis suffered for years before her GP did the specific tests that revealed her problem---that on top of perimenopause made her a wreck. Have you had a full bloodwork done recently, incl. such add-on tests?

Have you been having other symptoms that worry you? If you haven't scanned them already, the "sticky posts" at the top of the thread list contain permanent info you might find useful.

I hope this gives you a few new things to mull over with your drs. Let us know what happens next, OK? Sending warm wishes, Vee