View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
(female)

EarTubeQueen HB User
Re: Possible throat/tonsil growth?

I am 30 years old and had my tonsils removed 2 years ago. One of them was always large, and my reason for going to the ENT in the first place was because of bad breath and all those tonsil stones. I figured taking out my tonsils would cure the bad breath since the stones would be gone.

My tonsil was biopsy'd for cancer and it was normal. They did a frozen section (whatever that means).

Anyhow, I still have bad breath and I swear I brush my teeth at least twice daily, I use the TheraBreath brand mouthwash (its awesome) but still I can't seem to get rid of the bad breath.

It almost has to be something I eat... I actually think I get the bacteria overgrowth from bread perhaps? Or the yeast or wheat germ or something in there. Honestly I don't know what its from.

I am a young lady and I am having a horrible time suffering from this bad breath!

I don't know if I would be alarmed at just an enlarged tonsil but if you have all these other symptoms, there must be something going on in your body. The question is if whether or not it is something to be concerned about.

Sorry that my answer doens't really help but if they did a biopsy, and it came back as no cancer then I wouldn't be as worried but I would still be looking for answers.

I hope the best for you and your family.