View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 01:55 AM   #1
(female)

taylor30 HB User
Pregant but not pregnant...whats going on???

Hi, yesterday i went for my first ultrasound scan at 14 weeks,as the technician started to scan she frowned and said that i needed to go and drink more water...after 30 mins she tried again at which point she said she would have to do an internal scan as she couldnt get a clear view still (which i found very strage) anyway after a while she told me to wait while she got the doctor to take a look....

It turns out that i am pregnant but there is no baby,there are the obvious signs of pregnancy,a full fluid filled uterus,placenta and everything,just no baby apparently...i am devastated as this baby was planned for a long time but left totally confused...i have just done another pregnancy test an hour ago and its a very strong positive

I dont understand whats going on and i wonder if they missed the baby...i know that sounds crazy but im finding it hard to except that a baby can just vanish into thin air like that...i have to go for a d&c today but feel like they need to check again and make sure my baby isnt in there first

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? if so how do you deal with it?