View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 04:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: implants for dentures abroad

Hi,
I have four implants for my top front teeth. I love them. It's a lengthy process, but in my opinion, well worth it.

The problem I see with getting any dental work done outside your country is that most dentists in your country will not want to treat any problems that may occur later. You would have to be willing to return to where you got them for help. Also, many countries use different types of implants and are "country" incompatible with one another.

Implants also require a integration period before they are ready to crown. Especially if molars are involved. It can be quite a lengthy process to heal.

It's sounds as though you are going for implant supported dentures. If those dentures were to break, would you be able to get them fitted correctly without having to return
to Mumbai for them to be fixed? Travel time for something like this could far out weigh any saving you may make.

For those reasons I personally wouldn't recommend it, but it's an individual decision.

My best to you,
Gellia

The Following User Says Thank You to Gellia For This Useful Post:
luvjoy2 (02-04-2011)