View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB UserGellia HB User
Re: implants for dentures abroad

Hi again,
The only problem I have personally heard of was an implant crown that broke and the abutment could not be replaced with the implant being used. The implant had to be removed and the patient had to start over with a new implant with compatible abutment.

With a problem like that you would have to be willing to return to the dentist who placed your implant or be able to get the proper implant abutment to fit. Even then, many dentists will not want to work on them when another dentist out of country has placed them. It's not a matter of where the dentist has trained but of the materials used. An implant has pieces. The implant itself and then the abutment piece that holds the crown. Even the ratchet used to adhere the abutment to the implant has to be the proper size. Any mismatch any where along the line can render your implant unusable.

I guess the bottom line would be, in the event of a problem, would you be willing to return to Mumbai for help? That may be your only option.

Hope this helps.
My best to you,
Gellia