View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
(female)

cheerfull4u HB User
Thumbs down Son does not respect father. He's only 3!

My husband and I have a rocky relationship. I have bipolar and he's, well we will put it this way; an engineer and really good at that. It frustrates me in our relationship, but we are working on it. Really hard!

What I'm afraid about is the relationship he has with our 3 year old son. I'm stay at home, so I know about everything that is going on with him and how to help him and what discipline is effective and what isn't. I'm not super strict, but there is a yes ma'am policy after given a direction or spoken to for a warning. I feel that he understands better if I make sure he knows I'm serious!

His father is a complete pushover. Hates to hear him cry, can't get him to bed, nothing. I know it's because he gives up and feel guilty, and I try my hardest not to step in to "save" him or "Teach" him in the moment and wait until a later time. He's asked for my help and I've told him over again that he needs to discipline and follow through with it. There will not be any more arguments with a three year old...

I want to help him, but if he won't listen to me, what else can I say?