View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: Son does not respect father. He's only 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfull4u View Post
I'm stay at home, so I know about everything that is going on with him and how to help him and what discipline is effective and what isn't.
So, if you're good at it and your husband isn't, it seems to me that you should be the one to take care of him. This may be known as a "division of labor". You do what you're good at and let your husband do what he's good at. He's a good engineer etc.. You're good at taking care of your child. What's wrong with that? It seems like a very natural thing.

My mother and father made this agreement when they first got married (before they had any children) and it worked very well. My mother took care of us kids, shopping, budgeting and meal planing. My father worked 10 hours a day at his job. He took care of the house (repairs, painting etc.), the car and yard work (cutting grass and shoveling snow).