View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

addprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB Useraddprogrammer HB User
Re: Adderall prescription & Bi-polar?

DoublePolar,

Sorry I'm so long getting back. My biz workload is why.

The next thing you MUST do is find a good, I mean a very good shrink. The shrink you choose will determine whether you have a happy, functional, productive life or live in absolute misery and poverty. The shrink selection process is not easy. If you can, get referrals from people that have actually been HELPED. I couldn't care less how much someone likes Dr. Shrinker. Dr. Shrinker SUCKS unless he has HELPED the referring patient.

Believe me, there is a fix for what ails you. However, if you go to a shrink that is following the rules established 10 years ago, that shrink will screw you up so bad, you will wish you were dead. Much has been learned recently by psychiatric research scientists will not appear in post grad "how to shrink" textbooks for years. The generation of shrinks now being licensed were taught methods now proven ineffective and in some cases, down right destructive.

A few of said shrinks out there are psychiatrists of the highest caliber. These doctors of psychiatry get my respect. I call them Doctor. The rest I call Butt Holes where BUTT is a euphemism for a word I can't use on this family oriented board.

The psychiatrists I respect are always current. When research convincingly proves new methods better than methods in use with FDA approval, these psychiatrists invoke their privilege to use medications off-label. You must find a psychiatrist of that sort. Or YOU ARE SCREWED.

If you trouble locating a psychiatrist, post again, and I'll recommend a psychiatrist you can absolutely trust. You cannot afford seeing a shrink. Hey, a few true shrinks are still practicing in the jungles of the Amazon. Those boys can resize your dead head right proper.

Bob