View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
A model pain relief program for you

Nochange, after reading a lot of your posys and getting to know you over the last year or so, I've had a few thoughts that I think might be helpful to you, even if you dont use these ideas, they might be thought provoking.

I think that in the past, you have tended to change from one med to another a little to quickly, looking for one single pill that is going to solve all your problems, and that your doctor has been a bit too passive in allowing this.

What I think you probably need to do is settle down on a regular schedual of pain releivers and adjuvants tat you take every day, not intermitantly, and give them a month or so to bed in.

My ideal would consist of a narcotic (traladol er, Oxycontin), a long acting antiinflamatory (Celebrex, diclofenac er), a tricyclic antidepressant at bedtime (amitriptyline, doxepin) and probably the clonazepam at bedtime you already take.

You should take this regimen every day, twice a day or whatever is prescribed, to keep on top of your pain, not just gritting your trrth and taking an Oxycontin when its unbearable.

So... speak to your doc about a regimen such as this:

Oxycontin or ER Tramadol 200mg twice a day

SR Diclofenac 75mg twice a day

Amitriptyline or doxepin, 50mg at night

Your usual dose of clonazepam at night

There will be some side effects in the first few days, and you will probably still get some pain..... put up with it, and take the meds for a couple of week before making any changes, and if changes are made, make adjustments, dont throw the whole regimen away and start afresh with somthing new you've read about on the net.

I realy want you to get your pain under control, as do we all, so please give this some thought..... of course, its up to your doctor what drugs he prescribes, the examples i have used are just ideas as to what a model regimen might look like

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnstar For This Useful Post:
mgm55 (03-02-2011)