View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
(female)

jeansp HB User
hypothyroid symptoms for years neg tsh,t3,t4

I have complained of hypothyroid symptoms for years and tsh always neg. Docs always want to diagnose me with anxiety, depression, and etc. Symptoms getting easily fatigued, dizziness with nausea, tight feeling in neck (like squeezing and tight muscles), food gets stuck when trying to swallow, and always feels like swelling in my neck. My sister and grandma are hypothyroid, dad and grandm have rhumatoid arthritis, I also have endometriosis, and mom diabetic. TSH always comes back in normal range. Sent to ENT because PCP think I have inner ear thing. Day before ENT appt. I found nodule on right side of thyroid. Saw ENT on Friday and scheduled me for u/s on Saturday also ordered T3 and T4. Got call today From ENT office and they said he wants to do u/s with FNA and that my labs were normal. They said there is only one nodule less than 1cm. I'm scared to have the biopsy, I hate needles, but I will have it done. Anyone been through this and what can I expect. I have 4 young children and I am scared to death that it is cancer.