View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User
Re: At my wit's end. I need some help or addvice PLZ!

I am sorry for all of your betrayal by someone who you think is your best friend. However, she is probably adding to all the anxiety that u already have. If she doesn't get help, it is going to be more dangerous for your mental health to keep so much vested in this friendship. It sounds to me like she is good at using people to get what she wants.

I would never tell u to ditch ur friend, but be honest and ask yourself is she as much a friend to you as u are her? You will never ever be able to help someone get detox unless they absolutely want to do it. And even then it is still hard. Trust me I know. I am physically dependent on pain meds and it is the hardest thing to do trying to get off them. I really want to and it doesn't sound like she does. She will cheat lie and steal (as you already know) to pay for or provide for her habit.

You could try to have a talk to her or just sort of slowly ease her out of your life or at least not have constant contact. I had a friend like the one you are describing and when she finally moved out of state, I didn't realize how emotionally draining being her friend was. Again I am sorry and I usually don't voice my opinion quite so strong so please forgive me for that. I just hate to see you be used.

The Following User Says Thank You to oxygirl For This Useful Post:
Txmommy70 (03-15-2011)