View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

oxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB Useroxygirl HB User
Re: At my wit's end. I need some help or addvice PLZ!

I honestly don't know how to answer that. I had another friend that when I moved I never called her back with a forwarding address or phone number. But let me tell you some things I have noticed about my life. Once I entered in my late 30s a few years back, I reassessed a few of my friendships and the ones that drained me I sort of got rid of. I know that sounds crude and mean and yes it is okay to be there for a friend in need but sometimes people take too much out of you. This one friend of mine kept me in such a state of mind that I noticed my children were suffereing as well as some other family members.

U have to put you and your family first. If she were seriously going to change then that would be different. How does ur husband react to all of this? Do yall fight over it? Do your children hear any of this? Ask yourself those questions and ask urself if she is making your life and mental state a train wreck. Sounds like she is a train wreck and you don't need that as well.

Good luck in whatever u decide. Also, think about finding ways to make new friends. A friendship should be mutually beneficial not just one sided.