View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: I got married too young. Long post but I really need help.

I want to praise you for taking classes and making the effort to go out there to meet friends and etc...
However I would like to point out that it is a myth that after many years of marriage, the romance remains the same like the very beginning. I would not call that fading love like you seem to imply in your case, I would say sometimes love changes and grows in different ways. It is not young love anymore as time goes on. This does not mean you don't love him or I don't love my husband. Life changes and relationship sometimes also changes and we all need to get adapted to it. If you changed, I am sure your husband has changed too. Maybe he can also ask the question that he could do better with other girl in this marriage. I mean this comparison is sometimes not fair.
Sure if you grow out of the younger you and change into a very different person, then you may say oh my gosh I don't love him anymore....
I suggest that you try to see a marriage counselor yourself or with him to find out more about the love or friendship between you two.

Also lots of times the wives support the husband for medical school or law school and "sacrifice". In the end, some guys also abandon the wives and go for other girl in their new career. I am not saying he will do that, but one thing that is important is that you continue to build youself up so both of you are growing together and in the end you may see that your love for him is still there.

Good luck,
Nina