View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
(female)

mommyofsix HB User
Re: Worrying about H1N1 Infection

Yes I realize that much time has passed since H1N1 struck fear around - then was dismissed nearly as quickly. I have read much against vacinations and would like to offer a first hand story. I would have climbed the tallest mountian, swam the deepest sea and walked through the hottest desert to get the h1n1 vaccine for my little girl before she got it. she was 11 at the time and even after having been a very tiny premie (1lb 6 ounces) she had grown into a strong healthy sixth grader. late in September of 2009 she devloped a fever aches and a cough. She had been home from school for five days and had been to the Dr. who said that there was a virus going around and it took at least five days to run its course - the night of the forth day she moved from the couch to her bed and less than one hour later - I went into check on her and she was blue! by the time we got to the er her sats. were in the 40's. Things just went from bad to worse - soon she was on a ventalator - then that was not enough - she spent two and a half weeks on ECMO - much like bypass during heart surgery - for two and a half weeks no one gave her much of a chance of surviving - much less thriving as before. None of them knew my little girl and how tough and brave she is - The two things I learned for all of this??????? 1. Get the immunization I wish that it had been available before my daughter got sick. And 2. Do not ever ever ever give up - fighters win