View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
(male)

scgrits HB User
Cervical Fusion Surgery???

Is the anyone out there with the expertise to decipher my MRI test. My doctor is a neurosurgeon and has advised me that I will need cervical fusion surgery. He said I shouldnít wait and presently itís scheduled for 3/31/11. I have no pain in my neck or arm only some stiffness. I have numbness predominantly in my left arm and less numbness in my right arm and have some numbness and tingling in left and right hands. Please note that Iíve had these symptoms for about 6 years, and Iíve recently noticed the numbness is slowly increasing. Is this surgery the best option for me?? MRI is as follows: Marked degenerative disc disease changes with moderate to marked disc narrowing at c5-c6 and c6-c7 and large posterior disc osteophyte complex at c5-c6 with underling mild stenosis with ap diameter of the canal between 7-8 mil. There is large hnp at c6-c7 more on the left than right there is also myelopathy at the c6-c7 level sm hnp on right at c4-c5. Mild to moderate spurring to right and left c6 of the uncovertebral joints into the right and left c6-c7 neural foramina and the right and left c5-6 neural foramina. Impression: Myelopathy at c5-6 and c6-7. Mild spinal stenosis at c5-c6 and c6-c7. Large left hnp at c6-c7. Prominent disc osteophyte complex both on right and left at c5-c6. Minimal right disc. Protrusion at c4-c5. Some spurring of the neural foramina as described above.