View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #3
(male)

spoonmanx HB User
Re: What to do when your doctor and insurance company don't trust or respect you!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAmanda View Post
Wow.

I'm really sorry you're going through what you are. I couldn't imagine my mother's situation being much worse in the past (re: Worker's Comp), but... yours has it beat. May I ask what state you live in? It all sounds so wrong to me.

Yes, I truly believe you were extremely lucky with your first doctor. And lucky to have had only one in 12 years? Did I understand that correctly?

I can't imagine having to have a secondary insurance (Medicare or otherwise) to see a WC Dr. It's been really tough finding mom a Dr. who would take WC at all, when she has been basically medication only for 10 years. She has been treated by a total of 8-10 WC doctors since her injury in '96. One Dr. was 300 miles from where we live - and we are 90 miles out of Houston, TX. But if she had to have another insurance to back it up? Hmmm.

The laws must be really different where we live.
Thanks.
I live in NY.

I've had a few doctors. It's just the last doctor that I had that seemed to care the most. He was a Doctor of Osteopathy and had a good understanding of how to treat pain.

I realize not all doctors have the best bedside manner, which I can forgive as long as they excel at what they do, but my current doctor certainly does not.

Current WC laws have changed quite a bit and doctor's offices that don't want to deal with all of the legal obligations will, more often than not, just stop taking patients with Worker's Comp altogether.

My last doctor, before giving up his practice, was always complaining about how they kept sending him a ton of paperwork and withholding payments until this was all filled out.
So the insurance company really adds to this problem, making doctors so frustrated until the point where they feel it's just not worth all of the aggravation.

Good luck with your mom.