View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
(female)

LadyAmanda HB User
Re: What to do when your doctor and insurance company don't trust or respect you!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonmanx View Post
Thanks.
I live in NY.

I've had a few doctors. It's just the last doctor that I had that seemed to care the most. He was a Doctor of Osteopathy and had a good understanding of how to treat pain.

I realize not all doctors have the best bedside manner, which I can forgive as long as they excel at what they do, but my current doctor certainly does not.

Current WC laws have changed quite a bit and doctor's offices that don't want to deal with all of the legal obligations will, more often than not, just stop taking patients with Worker's Comp altogether.

My last doctor, before giving up his practice, was always complaining about how they kept sending him a ton of paperwork and withholding payments until this was all filled out.
So the insurance company really adds to this problem, making doctors so frustrated until the point where they feel it's just not worth all of the aggravation.

Good luck with your mom.

Thanks for the thought - and my mom is doing good now. Has a great doc and the WC is probably as good as is gets, here anyway.

The real reason I joined this forum when I did is actually related to my own chronic pain issues. I had a cervical fusion about 10 years ago for bad headaches - it took 3 years of many tests and doctors. But after a discogram, I was in surgery within 2 months. And it was VERY successful. I would do it again tomorrow.

BUT... Now I am having lower back pain. Cannot be on my feet for more than 15 minutes or so at once. Sitting down relieves almost all the pain - but is not conducive to living. Am currently on, based on what I have read in these forums, some of the strongest medication I can take, with almost no real relief to my back pain. But I am SO freaking scared to consider surgery.

Not that it's been really talked about though. My doctor seems reluctant to push surgery. Yet I know I can't take these meds forever. But all I keep reading about in my research regards SO many failed lower back surgeries. Multiple surgeries, and back on the same meds - IF they are lucky.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. And to anyone who reads this - I wish you ANY relief from your own pain, and a long, refreshing rest tonight. Lord knows I know that's hard to come by.

*amanda*

Last edited by LadyAmanda; 03-26-2011 at 11:17 PM.