View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB Userninamarc HB User
Re: I have a daughter with aspergers

Mothersuperior, I am so sorry to know that. Maybe she can manage to go to some adult education or some place? Did she finish HS? Since she is bright, she should not give it up. Or maybe some job training can be helpful to her. Sorry to learn about her experience in school. The teacher should have contacted you instead of "abusing" her thinking she was spoiled...
These days kids have home schooling, so maybe it would help if she tries online courses.

I have a nephew who may have some issue like this but his Mom cannot figure out why. He is bright and graduated from HS and he also wins debates a lot. Now he is in the late 20s doing tutors for other kids. These young people need to find out what they are good at. He had problem wanting to take the car and drove out for games when he was younger. Not sure how long he would behave by tutoring. It is sad because they seem to be in different world now if they didn't catch up to be like other kids in school. He tried school/college but kept dropping out. Something must be going on about his mind like AS.

Regards,
Nina