Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Frustrated

Tori, it is easy to get armour now, it is in production again. When you can't get armour from the regular pharmacy, you can have it compounded at a compounding pharmacy. Some pharmacies not only deal in regular drugs, but they do compounding. Even if there isn't one in your town that you can drive to, you can call one in a nearby town and they can compound your armour and mail it to you. Believe me, I understand your frustration with synthetic thyroid hormone. My DIL and I both feel the same way and have vowed never to take synthetic again. It does not work for us, it is just like poison to us. You never feel like you have a high enough dose and your numbers never get in a range that makes you feel better. Look for a new endocrinologist and when you call for an appt. ask if the doctor will prescribe armour. And be careful if you are getting your drugs from other countries, I keep hearing scary stories about that.

I feel for you, I know how tough it is to feel bad with your thyroid and then everything else on top of it. It is sometimes hard to separate fibro aches and pains from thyroid ones. At least if you get your thyroid under control, then you can work on the fibro.

Good Luck and keep us posted how everything goes.
Glojer