View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
(female)

MsConfused HB User
Re: When to have "The Talk"?

Thanks cryingforever and Kali3333, you guys are both right. I think my biggest problem is myself. I'm really scared he'll say he doesn't want anything more. He's really busy with school and when we started hanging out he said he didn't know if he could be in a relationship right now. However, since then he's been treating me like we are in a relationship. I figured when he said that initially then nothing would happen between us. But now I don't know what to think. He constantly texts me and even if he's been at school for 12 hours that day if I ask him to meet me for coffee for an hour he'll still meet me even though I know he's tired. Everyone thinks we are a couple at work (friends and strangers), so I guess we give off that vibe.

After he's done with school (in about 3 or 4 years) he might move back to another state he lived in once. Since he's said that he has asked me several times if I could live in a different state. But he never links the two things together. I don't know if I'm making a connection that isn't there or I'm seeing it for what it sounds like. Is he seeing me as a perspective long term relationship one day? Would he ask me to go with him?

I just don't know how to handle being just friends with him. No, I know I wouldn't be able to handle that. Every time I would see him it would kill me. So I'm really scared to ask even though I'm getting frustrated wondering about it at the same time. I don't want to ruin everything. My friends say they are so happy for me, but then I think, "why do I feel so sad then?" Why don't I see what everyone else sees?

Edit: Bonus question! lol For any ladies (or men) who read this. Do you meet many guys that will point out a baby to you and say how cute it is. I have never had a guy do this to me before, so when he does it I'm curious to know what it means. He says he's glad he hasn't had kids yet, but he does talk about having them in the future (he doesn't mention me in this, just a general want about kids). I don't know if I should read into that or not.

Last edited by MsConfused; 04-10-2011 at 10:19 PM.