Thread: ear pain
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: ear pain

When my upper respiratory issues act up, it throws things out of whack for me. With my TMJ, it worsens the muscle spasms causing more ear pain for me that can get quite severe at times. My ENT has given me a standing prescription for a muscle relaxant and a tri-cyclic antidepressant (very low dose). Both of these are intended to help my muscles relax some. They leave it up to me to to figure out which will help more at the time. A couple months ago, I still went back to my ENT because I could have sworn the pain was from an infection it hurt so much. Turns out that it was just the muscle spasms. It is hard to tell what is causing the pain when it is so bad.

Also, sinus pain has a traditional symptom of jaw/teeth pain even for those who don't have TMJ. I've had that problem for about 15 years and only had TMJ for about 2 years.