View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 06:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: anyone else have ribs that are inflamed/stuck/crooked

I had some problems with my left rib area. My Pt's at the time would say it was hypermobile, up higher then the right side. It would hurt like heck & tender to touch as was my chest area. I was tested for TOS but did not have it.

Drove me crazy & my PT so she said to try wearing a binder. It sounds like it would hurt more but it actually helped. I bought a back binder at the med supply & cut it to fit around my ribs as I am on the petite side. I had shoulder problems & herniated discs a long with DDD so I'm assuming this was the cause. I went so long with no help or diagnosis the shoulder surgeon said he believed I had myofascial damage in that area & I believe him. That was years ago & til this day my ribs hurt. When it was at its worst it would hurt just to breathe.
It was so strange & confusing. Til this day I cannot be sure the exact cause.

I know the spine can cause some strange things but I think with me it was a combo of problems & doctors are not good at that as they focus on one thing or one area.
I wish you the best of luck as I know how painful it can be. I don't see where where giving yoga a shot could hurt. I used Ice & moist heat on the area & it helped also.
Sammy