View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
Re: question about script a week early cause of pulled teeth

Hi Rounder, Boxer gave you the best advice. If your mom has a contract with her pain doc, most likely this was covered. It's actually printed on the back of my scripts not to use your CP meds for dental or surgical procedures "so you dont eat up a 4 weeks of meds in 3 weeks." I have no doubt their was a great deal of pain involved and it's just poor pain management on the dentist' fault. He pulld the teeth, he caused the pain, he should be prescribing the meds for the additional pain that was caused. Personally I wouldn't agree to let a dentist work on me if he wasn't willing to manage his own post op pain. But this is just part of being a CP patient. Not all dentist or surgeons understand that being on meds now doesn't make us impervious to any additional pain. It's always best to have this kind of issue resolved prior top running out early rather than hope for kindness and understanding on the PM docs part, particularly if this issue was covered on day one bt a PM contract. There is no such thing as an early refill at the clinic I go to but I/m very clear on the rules as we sign a new contract every year. Whether their lost, stolen or we had a procedure, There is never a good reason to surprise your doc with the need for an early fill. Good luck, Dave